Genia Photonics’ technology is based on an innovative picosecond pulsed fiber laser design that enables unprecedented flexibility. Its unique solution provides for unequalled capabilities in a single laser:
- Programmable and electronically controlled
- Linear scans in optical frequencies or wavelengths
- Randomly accessible wavelengths
- Capable of high speed sweeps, up to 1024 wavelengths
- Adjustable pulse width in the picosecond regime
- Adjustable repetition rate
- Adjustable output power
Other advantages make it
- Briefcase size
- Reliable (no moving parts, telecom parts)
- Low cost
Genia Photonics standard products fits various applications in the life sciences, industrial and defines & security sectors and can be categorized into 2 families of products
- TLA Series Laser – Using a utility software provided with the laser, the TLA series of lasers offers the possibility to program any of the laser parameters. The TLA series of lasers is available with a wavelength tunability and sweep function configuration. The sweep function allow an ultra fast wavelength change and allows the user to control the sweep sequences. For instance one can chose a linear in optical frequency sweep and specify the start frequency, the stop frequency and the step duration.
- FSA Series Laser – The FSA Series of lasers offers short picosecond pulses at various repetition rates with the added benefit of synchronization. All parameters are configurable through a simple and intuitive user interface running off a PC. The FSA series laser sources can run off their own internal clock or sync off an external clock from another laser source such as a Ti:Sapphire laser. This feature makes it highly desirable for non-linear spectroscopic applications including coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (CARS) or Frequency Modulated CARS (FM-CARS) and with the dithering option, stimulated Raman scattering (SRS) spectroscopy which are advanced spectroscopic techniques providing a higher sensitivity than the actual Raman spectroscopy.